Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A special day

.....18 years ago I went on a blind date at the urging of a good friend. I almost backed out several times. I was tired of the dating scene and had heard my fair share of blind date horror stories.

I kept my word to my friend and showed up at her place. I waited.

The door opened up.

He smiled. I smiled.

We spent the whole day together. We were in Seal Beach, CA. It was a picture perfect summer day. We spent time at a beach volleyball tournament and had lunch out at Ruby's Diner on the pier.

We went to the movies that evening and thanked our friends for knowing us better than we knew ourselves.

He kissed my cheek and promised to call in a few days.

3 months later, on a bay dock just down the street from his apartment, we became engaged.


We were married one year later (November 16, 1991).
We have been blessed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Happy First Date Anniversary! Many Years!

1:47 PM  
Blogger msdramateacherlady said...

What a wonderful story!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

This makes me smile. :)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home